* GAVCO Manufacturing Process *
Conscious …Responsible …Aware!
- All melamine particle board used in the manufacturing of office furniture by GAVCO meets the current HUD, OSHA and CARB (California Air Resources Board) certifications and requirements.
- All melamine particle board off-fall is compacted, returned and recycled.
- All High Pressure laminates used in the process of manufacturing furniture are green certified by our vendors, Formica, Wilsonart, Pionite and Nevamar.
- Use of water based adhesives that have no health hazards or toxicity is standard procedure.
- Waste packaging materials (carton and corrugated boxes) are compacted and returned for recycling.
- Inter-changeable components are offered across brands/product series
- Stocks are held at a minimum in addition to efficient delivery.
- The complete manufacturing process is both CFC and VOC free.
GAVCO’s Commitment to the Environment
As responsible members of the business community, it is our desire and pledge to leave the environment better than we found it. As consumers of the earth's resources we consider it our responsibility to reduce and eventually eliminate the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes.
The transition to environmentally conscious company is a management fostered lifelong philosophy that drives our commitment to sustainability.
In Product Development
The bulk of the components in our products, mainly melamine particle board, are 100% Recyclable. Seeking alliances with earth-friendly vendors and suppliers is a prime directive for our supply chain and manufacturing team. Several 100% recycled and 100% recyclable Interface Fabric Group patterns have been added to our fabric offering.
We have eliminated all use of Methylene Chloride, a possible human carcinogen, based adhesives and replaced them with water-based, environment-friendly, adhesives throughout our operations.
GAVCO uses blanket wrap products instead of cartoned. All of our products are pre-assembled, eliminating the need for bulk cartoning and excess dunage.
In Energy Conservation
Our progress towards lean manufacturing has thus far reduced our finished goods inventory by 90% and Raw Materials by 50%. Reduced lead times along with flexible work schedules have resulted in reductions of energy consumption.
In Waste Management
100% of all inbound carton packaging material is removed by local recyclers.
In Office Waste Management
- Paper is recycled
- Cans and bottles discarded in our lunch room are collected and recycled
- All used computer equipment is disposed of accordingly for metals and plastic (ABS) recycling.
- All empty photocopier and printer cartridges are returned to our suppliers for refilling.